NJ Inheritance & Estate Tax Preparation-NJ IT-R & IT-Estate Preparation
Call 201-954-1260 to schedule an appointment
Kevin A. Carestia, CPA is the premier NJ Inheritance & Estate Tax Preparation Firm. We proudly serve the entire NJ area. We understand how hard it is to lose a loved one. To make matters worse when a loved one passes away their financial obligations continue.
NJ has a very low threshold compared to other states and the federal governement when it comes to filing an Estate Tax Return. Any decedent with a gross estate of $675,000 or greater is required to file. In NJ it is very easy to meet this threshold as many people own their own home, have retirement accounts, brokerage accounts, etc... (Don't forget to add in the value of their personal belongings too such as cars, clothing, furniture, & collectibles). Unlike the federal government NJ has an inheritance tax return as well.
When a relative dies banks and financial instutions are instructed by the state to hold the funds until NJ issues a waiver. In order to obtain a waiver Inheritance and Estate tax returns must be filed then reviewed and cleared by an auditor. This process can take several months and involves a lot of paperwork. The NJ Inheritance Tax Return must be filed within 8 months from date of death and the NJ Estate Tax Return must be filed within 9 months from date of death. Extension are available to extend the due dates but keep in mind that any tax due must be paid by the original due date not factoring in the extensions.
Our goal is to make the filing of the NJ Inhertiance and Estate Tax Returns as easy as possible for you and also to ensure that you pay the least amount of tax that your legally required to pay. To get the process started give us a call or email and we will get you on the right track.
• Free Initial Consultation
• Provide Initial Assement and provide a list of documents to gather
• Prepare the Inheritance and Estate Tax Returns
• Have Executor/Executrix sign and notarize the returns
• Mail completed, signed, and notatrized returns along with payment if applicable to NJ Division of Taxation
• After a certain amount of time has passed we contact the NJ Division of Taxation and get a status update
• Once we receive the waivers we contact the client
Along with NJ Inheritance & Estate Tax Preparation Services this office also provides:
• Individual Tax Preparation
• Business Tax Return Preparation
• Gift & Estate Tax Return Preparation
• Partnership & Corporate Tax Preparation
• Estate and Succession Planning
• Tax & Education Planning
• Out-of-State Returns
• Business Start-Ups
We provide Tax Preparation Services to New Jersey and all other states.